Broken tip of 11 blade. Blade broke when creating posteromedial portal for endoscopic calcaneoplasty.
- 'Freeze' once the broken instrument comes into view.
- Don't use waterflow in order to keep the broken off blade in place.
- Use a small fragment grasper.
- Try to grasp the tip of the broken blade and not the middle part. Grasping the tip of the blade will facilitate removal.
- If you loose he broken off blade, use image intensifier to locate the blade. Remove through open procedure. Do not leave it inside since it can migrate!